Monday, March 2, 2009

Who r u?

I'm back again to get the ball rolling. make things more interesting. Bring out new things that i want to talk about! A Pastor from the Celebration Church graced us with his presence here in Malaysia and challenged us as youths to ask ourselves who we r. Thats the topic for today!

It is easy today for us to say we know who we are but if we are to write out who we are it may take more than just a swift movement of the hand across the page. Well in my case ive had to constantly ask myself who I am because of negative vibes from 3rd parties. Unfortunately I am a reserved person when it comes to personal issues. I know its natural for us to want to tell someone a story that we here elsewhere. It can be termed gossiping but we like to share as people. Its natural and i dont blame people for sharing but its how you share. Some people share as to denounce or destroy and I am not one to say that I am not guilty of such acts. I do try my best not to speak lowly of someone. If i really have to air my view I tell the same few people. The point is sometimes people end up shaping up your character because you constantly try to create this image that you are wonderful and perfect. we all honestly know noone is perfect but we never seize to judge.

The same judgements hurt the same people we look upon for help. Instead of looking at things at a more constructive view we like to criticise strongly. I am a person that goes for different things. I try to stick out of the crowd. There were some disgusting things people said when i had the crazy hair over the last 2 years. What i dont understand is that the same people went and did the same thing. I then wonder so what made it so bad on me that it works on you. Ridiculous jealousy or whatever it is must be bottled and kept in that small head of that person. I know who i am so those things to me pushed me on to do it more just so that they spent that bit longer talking about me. Pretty lame but hey hate mail is better than no mail. It will push me on to get what i am destined to get. My character is strong and will push me on to dreams some of you never thought i would have or may achieve. If you find yourself doing something that is different but morally correct then go ahead because you are different. Dont be another spot in the crowd. Dont spend time picking out what makes someone different. Make yourself different. When Bill Gates came up with the plan that every home will have one of his computers some punk even in his circle of trust looked at him and said your on drugs. What does that tell you?

There are times when we do things we feel are things right for us and although it doesnt quite fit into our life we try make it fit. It can come in any form. Whether it is a person you want to date, clubbing etc. Leave it if its not for you. It does take a long time to adjust to that change but when you do, you will notice the difference. Ive held onto things and I ask myself all the time why am I holding onto this. Its poison to my juice. Pour it down the drain. Its not adding to your dreams but slowing them down or even stopping them from being fulfilled. You may feel your purpose but that thing stops you from fulfilling it. I hope I have found that purpose that will support my passion for helping people. Move on with your head high because everytime you meet rotten air it should be missed by the nose. Where you are going has more importance than the polluted air circulating your nostrils.

Lose those people that shatter your dreams, those people who say what makes you think you can do it. lose those people who say just because you are from Zimbabwe, Africa or poor background you cant go where you plan to go. lose those people who say black people, asians and latinos are stupid, lazy and uneducated. Some of the people its through their failures that they discourage others to go for their dreams. In Malaysia theres a big problem with this issue as well as in Zimbabwe. I know so from some of my close friends who get discouraged for their plans to travel the world just because they are black or Zimbabwean. If you are going to do something, do it full heartedly and not half heartedly! There are haters, there are jealous dogs and envious rats but brush it off like dirt. Thats what they are!

3 comments:

  1. we shape who we are right its true,on journey to findin ou who i am i deleted 20 people ive met in the past 10 years of my life because im shaping me for the better...its true the people you hang around with and associate or who are jus there are the people who shape who u,most of the time,thats why we are constantly told to keep good parties around.

    bt i also realised something no matter how u shape urself there is always a another person tearin ur image down to make themselves come ou above you, to grab more attention from people even grab more sympothy or to come ou lookin like the big boss.in the past years ive come out as mental to people cse of things ive heard haha people shaping a bad image. i wipped most of them out my life but should i stand around and see how much damage the rest will make?

    in getting to know yourself you gotta get to know people around, nomatter how hard you try there bad omens will seep into you.no matter how strong you are it will seep through put a bad apple close to a good one it will turn bad itself.i have watched people say they are individuals but crumble around their friends,ive watched people lose their own identity.

    Dec 8 2008 i met an amzin guy,Feb 2 i lost the same person because i didnt know who i was.Thus began my road to findin me.its always good to ask yourselves "who am i"..

    I am my Fathers daughter/son, i am my mothers daughter/son but look deeper to who u really r...dnt b shaped be a shaper and not the dough.look at yourself and ask who are you really cause even when you dnt know it some1 else has already shaped u..

    be an idividual
    im an Individual im the only FADZAI HELENA GWESHE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one knows who they are but what the problem is is actually being who you are. We find we get into situations and you know what you want to do... What you should do BUT that doesn't seem to matter as much as being seen as the cool person or whatever. All im saying is Im with you on being you. Forget everyone else because at the end of the day you going to have to deal with it alone...
    Stay blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post Dany. I see where you are coming from. People do not necessarily act the way they want to. On the other hand there are confused people though. It is easy for us people who are secure with our character to define ourselves but some people cant. They struggle to have opinion and direction.

    ReplyDelete